Cooking in the PNW: Kale in Adobong Kangkong
Welcome to a new video series celebrating the merging of traditional multicultural recipes with local Pacific Northwest foods! The video series is part of our work supporting more than 20 multicultural meal sites throughout the greater Seattle area, providing food safety and nutrition education, as well as support meal sites and participants in cooking with seasonal, locally grown produce.
In our pilot episode, local Seattle chef Melissa Miranda takes the popular Filipinx recipe Adobong Kangkong and shows us how to incorporate kale and mushrooms to create a delicious vegan dish. Along the way, we will learn how to harvest kale from your garden, the nutritional benefits of kale and how to lower your carbon footprint by using all parts of your greens.
This video is available in English and Tagalog.
- Filming & Editing: Marcy Stone-Francois
- Location Sound: William Klintberg
- Recipe & Cooking Demo: Melissa Miranda
- Community Connection: Sergio Canaya
- Community Connection: Kryse Panis Martin
- Voice Over: Lorna Velasco
- Translation: Cess Canaya