Bring your family and join us in creating a healthy community through cooking and sharing a meal at Rainier Beach Urban Farm & Wetlands.
Community kitchen dinners are an opportunity to cook, share, learn and eat together in celebration of the abundance of food and food cultures in Rainier Beach. These farm-to-table events are hosted at Rainier Beach Urban Farm and Wetlands, building on community kitchen dinners that took place for many years at the nearby Rainier Beach Community Center.
In cooking and sharing food together, we value:
- Seasonal fruits and vegetables, including what’s available from Rainier Beach Urban Farm and Wetlands.
- Highlighting cooks from the community who can share their wisdom, experience, and authentically represent their food cultures.
- Flexibility, creativity and cooking in ways that minimize food waste.
- Foods grown sustainably by local farmers and farmers of color .
- Communal eating and making neighborly connections.
- Sharing educational resources and recipes to continue the mission at home.
Food Waste Prevention Guides
Our Food Waste Prevention Guide includes all kinds of tips and recipes to save more and waste less of the food you bring home. It’s free, downloadable and currently available in 9 languages.
- Sign up for our mailing list and attend an event
- Sign up to volunteer on the day of the event to either help prep, cook, or clean up
- Connect in order to talk about partnering as a guest chef