Greek Lemon Potatoes
– 2 lb Yukon Gold or other yellow, waxy potatoes
– ¼ c lemon juice
– 1 ½ c chicken broth
– 1/3 c olive oil
– 2-4 cloves garlic, crushed
– 1 t kosher or coarse salt (less if using table salt)
– ½ t thyme
– ½ t oregano
– ½ t rosemary
• Preheat oven to 400.
• Scrub potatoes; peel if desired (it’s traditional but I don’t do it). Cut in 4-8 wedges, depending on size of potatoes. Place in roasting pan.
• Mix together remaining ingredients; pour over potatoes in pan. Cover tightly with lid or foil. Cook 60-90 min (depends greatly on size you cut potatoes, what size pan used, etc), stirring/basting every 20 min or so. If you prefer the potatoes to be dry at end of cooking, leave off lid/foil after 60 min of cooking. You may also place the fully-cooked potatoes under the broiler to brown them.
• Good warm or at room temperature.
Recipe: Julia’s version of a traditional Greek recipe