Our community supported agriculture (CSA) program connects you to great produce grown at Rainier Beach Urban Farm & Wetlands and other small Washington farms.
What is a CSA?
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a model where customers deepen their relationship to a farm by investing as members. CSA members pay up-front to support a farm in the cost of purchasing seeds, amendments, and supplies, as well as all the labor it takes to bring produce to harvest in the coming months. This model creates important early-season cash flow for a farm, and an extra safety net in case of disaster or personal hardship. CSA members get to know the micro-seasons of produce in their area, develop familiarity with new and delicious crops, and support a farmer in the most direct way possible.
At Tilth Alliance, we offer a hybrid CSA model where we grow the majority of the produce we share at Rainier Beach Urban Farm & Wetlands. We also intentionally source additional fruits and vegetables from small Washington growers to ensure variety and bounty in our boxes. All produce is grown using organic practices, and is supported from seed to harvest by our Youth Employment Program. Members pay ahead (payment plans are available) to receive 15 weeks of produce, pre-packed and picked up at our Thursday farm stand from mid-June through September.
How Does it Work?
- Enjoy a curated box of fresh seasonal produce each week for 15 weeks, June 16-September 22.
- Weekly pickup will be available on Thursdays, 2-7 p.m., at Rainier Beach Urban Farm & Wetlands (5513 S Cloverdale St 98118).
- CSA shares cost $425. Up-front payment preferred, with payment plans available. Credit/debit and EBT accepted.
- 2022 sales will be open mid-March.
- There are limited shares available per season, but we do offer a waiting list if it is sold out. Contact us for more information.
What’s in a Box?
Each box will contain 5-7 items, suggested for 1-2 people. Members can expect to receive a diverse selection of seasonal, local, organic and ecologically grown vegetables, herbs and fruit direct from Rainier Beach Urban Farm & Wetlands, Seattle’s largest urban farm. Boxes will also feature a few items each week sourced from other small Washington farms to highlight the variety and bounty of the Pacific Northwest.
If you have questions about Tilth Alliance’s Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program or would like to learn more about signing up for a share, please contact us.