Summer is a wonderful season to learn how to garden. Let’s water, compost, plan, plant, harvest and cook together! There are so many benefits to gardening organically – and it’s tons of fun! We will:
- Dig into the world of growing healthy soil and plants. We’ll even meet our composting worms!
- Explore the garden while discovering the secrets of organic pest control through hands-on scientific investigations.
- Plan next season’s garden! We’ll learn how to save and plant seeds
- Harvest fruits and veggies to make tasty, nutritious garden snacks!
- Learn how to support healthy ecosystems while growing food and pollinator plants that thrive in our Northwest environment.
- Play games inspired by the garden, create art, and much more!