Let’s get creative! Every Thursday for 10 weeks this spring, we will be inspired by our favorite parts of the garden to create works of art. We will explore the Children’s Garden through a variety of media and develop our reciprocal relationship with the garden. Together, we will:
- Observe how changing seasons impact living things in the garden through a phenology wheel project.
- Create garden signs and decor with clay and colored pencil.
- Experiment with watercolor paints and oil pastels to create botanical art.
- Use natural garden materials to build sculptures, forts and create salves.
- Practice caring for the garden as the garden cares for us.
- Learn about animal habitats, plant lifecycles, culinary arts, seasonal changes, and much more!
On the final day of our series, we will display our work and turn the garden into a colorful art gallery for families to enjoy.
Note: there will be no after school on Thursday, April 11, due to Spring Break.