Where does our food come from? Let’s learn together in a fun and delicious camp week! During our week together, we will:
- Harvest produce from the garden to prepare fresh and nutritious snacks.
- Trace our food’s journey from seed and soil to our plates, learning about plant lifecycles by studying new and growing crops.
- Use simple and age-appropriate food preparation techniques. We’ll practice chopping, slicing, grating, measuring, and mixing.
- Learn how to read a recipe, think about seasonal availability, and use our senses to explore different flavor combinations.
- Explore soil and compost, meet our worm friends, plant and save seeds, care for the garden, and so much more!
Cooking camps are a smaller group size and have an additional cost for supplies.