- This event has passed.
Small Fruit Tree Care
*Registration for this class is full. You can join the waitlist here.*
April is the month of magic in the world of fruit trees, when blossoms explode in a gorgeous display of possibilities! Spring is the perfect time to learn, practice and plan for maintenance and pruning of your small fruit trees. These tips and techniques will help you keep your fruit trees healthy and happy throughout the year.
You will learn about:
- Pruning techniques for espalier trained trees or fully dwarf trees
- Fruit trees that you want to keep under 6 feet tall
- The benefits of spring pruning, compared to winter and summer pruning
- Common fruit tree pest issues in the PNW
- No-chemical strategies for maintaining healthy fruit trees
This in-person workshop will include a conversational lecture, hands-on practice in the garden, and time for questions and answers with the instructor. It is appropriate for both beginning and intermediate gardeners. A detailed outline with recommended resources will also be provided.
The class is limited to 15 participants, and we will be following current public health guidelines. The session will take place both indoors and outdoors- please be prepared for outdoor activities and dress for the weather.