Attention nature lovers! Let’s learn from the unique, complex, and wise beings in our garden: plants! Every Tuesday for 10 weeks this spring, we will train our senses to notice things that are all around us and remind us that plants are teachers. We will grow our own social-emotional skills as we learn about plant and animal superpowers. Together, we will:
- Learn how to tend a garden by watering, planting, and saving seeds to support all who call it home.
- Cook edible wild and cultivated plants, enjoying their flavors while learning their benefits.
- Make our own field journals where we will note our observations and awaken our senses.
- Create art using natural materials and plant technology.
- Practice mindfulness and gratitude for the power and wisdom of nature.
Note: there will be no after school on Tuesday, April 9, due to Spring Break.