There are so many benefits to gardening organically – and it’s tons of fun! Every Wednesday for 10 weeks this spring, we will dig into the world of growing healthy soil and growing healthy plants. Together, we will:
- Plan our spring garden! We’ll learn how to save and plant seeds and plant starts.
- Compost with worms and use real tools to turn our soil, learning how gardening organically can improve soil (and vegetable!) health.
- Explore the garden while discovering the secrets of organic pest control through hands-on scientific investigations.
- Harvest fruits and veggies to make tasty, nutritious garden snacks!
- Learn how to support healthy ecosystems while growing food and pollinator plants that thrive in our Northwest environment.
- Play games, create art, and much more!
Note: There will be no after school programs on Wednesday, April 10, due to Spring Break.