- This event has passed.
Microgreens are an excellent way to grow your own food! And they can be especially satisfying to grow during the winter season, as a source of fresh leafy greens. These nutrient-dense, quick-growing vegetables can be grown in containers indoors, as well as on balconies or patios. Join us to learn about the fun of growing these delicious plants that are full of vitamins and minerals.
In this class you will learn about:
- The life cycle of microgreens
- Supplies and materials to grow microgreens at home
- Tips for successful seeding, germination and plant care
- When and how to harvest your microgreens
- Different ways to use microgreens in your meals
This in-person class will take place indoors, with a combination of show-and-tell, lecture and hands-on practice seeding. The session will be in a room with an air filter and with windows and doors open for good ventilation. Class size is limited to 16 people, and we will be following current public health recommendations.