- This event has passed.
Want to add fruit trees or berries to your garden, but not sure where to start? Now is the perfect time of year to buy and plant many perennial fruits, and this introductory class will set you up for success in growing tasty berries and fruits in the Pacific Northwest for years to come!
In this class you will learn about:
- Helpful considerations for planning what to grow and where
- Problem solving and special techniques for smaller spaces, including containers
- Recommendations for what grows well in the Pacific Northwest
- Best practices for planting new trees and shrubs and tips for future care
- Resources for pruning, pest management and ongoing maintenance
This in person class will feature an interactive lecture and slideshow, garden tour, and time for questions and answers. Participants will receive a reference guide covering fruit and berry recommendations, including growing tips and additional resources. We’ll spend time both indoors and outdoors, please plan to dress for the weather. Class size is limited to about 15 people, and we will be following current public health recommendations.
*If you already have fruit trees and are looking for in-depth information on pruning and fruit tree care, consider taking our Large Fruit Tree Pruning class in February or Small Fruit Tree Pruning & Training class in April.