- This event has passed.
Grow Great Tomatoes
Get ready to grow tasty and nutritious tomatoes, peppers and other heat-loving crops! Fresh tomatoes and peppers are some of the most delicious vegetables, but they can be tricky to grow in our cool summers. This online class will teach you how to get a successful harvest from these warm weather crops.
In this class you will learn about:
- Varieties that do well in our maritime climate
- When to plant warm season crops
- Season extension techniques to maximize heat
- Trellising and pruning to improve air circulation
- Continued care of heat crops including fertilizing, watering and harvesting
This virtual class will feature a live, interactive lecture with slide show, a planting demonstration, and time for questions and answers with the instructor. A detailed outline with recommended resources will also be provided. We will be using Zoom for this class, which you can use on your computer or phone.