- This event has passed.
Grow Great Tomatoes
Get ready to grow tasty and nutritious tomatoes, peppers and other heat-loving crops! Fresh tomatoes and peppers are some of the most delicious vegetables, but they can be tricky to grow in our cool summers. This in-person class will teach you how to get a successful harvest from these warm weather crops.
In this class you will learn about:
- Varieties that do well in our maritime climate
- When to plant warm season crops
- Season extension techniques to maximize heat
- Trellising and pruning to improve air circulation
- Continued care of heat crops including fertilizing, watering and harvesting
This in-person class will take place primarily outdoors. Any indoor portions will be in a room with an air filter and with windows open for good ventilation. The outdoor portion of class will include hands-on activities. Class size is limited to about 15 people, and we will be following current public health recommendations. Please dress for the weather.