Drip Irrigation for the Home Gardener
Learn how easy it is to water your garden with resource-efficient drip irrigation! Even though our Pacific Northwest maritime climate is known for rain, during the dry summer we still need to water food crops, thirsty ornamentals and container gardens.
This class will cover:
- Basic drip irrigation system design and use in a home garden
- Water requirements and how to create zones
- Parts you’ll need and where to purchase them
- Tips for installation, scheduling, winterizing and troubleshooting
- Soaker hoses and other low-pressure options
This online class features a live, interactive lecture with slide show, virtual garden tour and time for questions and answers with the instructor. A detailed outline with recommended resources will also be provided. We will be using Zoom for this class, which you can use on your computer or phone.
*This class will also be offered in-person on Saturday, June 3rd at the Rainier Beach Urban Farm & Wetlands