- This event has passed.
Learn how easy it is to water your garden with resource-efficient drip irrigation! Even though our Pacific Northwest maritime climate is known for rain, during the dry summer we still need to water food crops, thirsty ornamentals and container gardens.
This class will cover:
- Basic drip irrigation system design and use in a home garden
- Water requirements and how to create zones
- Parts you’ll need and where to purchase them
- Tips for installation, scheduling, winterizing and troubleshooting
- Soaker hoses and other low-pressure options
This class features a lecture, garden tour and hands-on opportunity to assemble components of a drip system. Please dress for the weather. This in-person session will take place primarily outdoors with some time indoors, in a room with an air filter and with windows open for good ventilation. The outdoor portion of class will include hands-on activities. Class size is limited to 15 people, and we will be following current public health recommendations.