- This event has passed.
Community Kitchen Luncheon: Korean Specialty
Join the Rainier Beach Community Kitchen on Sun., July 31, for some Korean specialties! We’re partnering with Tina Thomson (a.k.a. Kyong Jae Lee), the head chef for the Seattle Korean Elders Association. Tina is excited to partner with us and share some of her favorite summer dishes. We’ll be making our own shaved ice and enjoying a gorgeous afternoon on the farm.
If you’d like to learn how to make these dishes, please sign up to volunteer and help prepare the meal — or just help set up/clean up below.
Lunch will be served at 1 p.m. Please RSVP for this event below!
- Oi-muchim (오이 무침 ) : fresh & spicy cucumber pickles
- Jjimdak (찜닭) : chicken and vegetable stew
- Korean vegetarian stir fry
- Steamed rice
- Patbingsu (팥빙수) : shaved ice topped with coconut cream or condensed milk, sweet red beans and fruit
What to Expect
- Following public health guidelines, masks are optional and proof of vaccination is not required.
- We will have limited indoor space and additional outdoor, covered seating areas. Please dress for warmth and comfort.
- Everyone is welcome, invite friends and family to share a meal with us by registering for yourselves and others!
- Suggested cash donation during the event of $3/person or $10/family, but no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
- Onsite parking is available, but we encourage visitors to walk, bike or take the bus, if possible.
Guests are welcomed and encouraged to volunteer beforehand to help prepare the food, set-up, or afterwards to help clean.
If you have questions about this event, please contact Daniella Nicholas.