- This event has passed.
Community Kitchen: Indian Fusion with Wild Greens
Come join us in celebrating the wild and natural foods all around us. We will be learning and sharing about how wild greens have been an important food source to people and cultures all around the world. Learn some foraging basics, plus some fun and delicious ways to incorporate more greens into your diet whether you foraged them outdoors, at a store, or at a food pantry. Anita Waghani and Carey Thornton are our guest chefs — you might know them from classes you’ve taken here at Tilth Alliance or worked with them in one of our community gardens. They’ve cultivated a menu that highlights Anita’s food culture of India and the abundant wild greens of the season.
Lunch will be served at 1 p.m. Please RSVP for this event below!
- Pakoras made with freshly foraged wild greens dipped in chickpea batter and deep fried (naturally gluten free)
- Fragrant Basmati Rice cooked with ghee and jeera
- Moong Masoor Dal made with fresh foraged wild greens, mung beans, and red lentils
- Spicy Garlic Chutney
- Cilantro and Green Mango Chutney
- Cooling Cucumber Raita (yogurt condiment)
- Blackberry Cake
What to Expect
- Following public health guidelines, masks are optional and proof of vaccination is not required.
- We will have limited indoor space and additional outdoor, covered seating areas.
- Everyone is welcome, invite friends and family to share a meal with us by registering for yourselves and others!
- Suggested cash donation during the event of $3 per person or $10 per family, but no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
- Onsite parking is available, but we encourage visitors to walk, bike or take the bus, if possible.
Guests are welcomed and encouraged to volunteer after the event to help break down and clean up.