- This event has passed.
Community Kitchen Dinner: Taste the Rainbow
Come celebrate Pride with the Rainier Beach Community Kitchen! We’ll be making an entire rainbow assortment of dishes to celebrate the nutritional benefits of eating a beautifully diverse plate of food and a beautifully diverse life.
We’re partnering with local queer agender chef LC Shipman to bring you this epically colorful menu. Along with lunch, we’ll have activities, the farm and wetlands to enjoy, the u-pick garden to harvest from, and we’ll also be sharing some nutritional wisdom on the vitamins and nutrients associated with each color of the rainbow.
Lunch will be served at 1 p.m. Please RSVP for this event below!
- Red – roasted beets &, red onions with five spice
- Orange – roasted candied ginger carrots
- Yellow – Thai-style vegetarian yellow curry with taro, tofu, and chickpea
- Green – Chopped herbs and salad with lime sesame vinaigrette
- Blue – blue corn cupcakes
- Purple – Black/purple rice
What to Expect
- Following public health guidelines, masks are optional and proof of vaccination is not required.
- We will have limited indoor space and additional outdoor, covered seating areas. Please dress for warmth and comfort.
- Everyone is welcome, invite friends and family to share a meal with us by registering for yourselves and others!
- Suggested cash donation during the event of $3/person or $10/family, but no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
- Onsite parking is available, but we encourage visitors to walk, bike or take the bus, if possible.
Guests are welcomed and encouraged to volunteer beforehand to help prepare the food, set-up, or afterwards to help clean.
If you have questions about this event, please contact Daniella Nicholas.