Community Kitchen Dinner: May Pesto Party
Join the Rainier Beach Community Kitchen for a special spring gathering to celebrate the abundance of spring greens. We’ll be having a pesto party!
The Rainier Beach Community Kitchen planning committee is teaming up to make all kinds of different pesto made from various spring greens that you can enjoy on top of your choice of pastas, pizza, roasted asparagus, mushrooms, and fish. To top off the lunch we’ll be serving rhubarb cake to celebrate another seasonal produce.
We’ll have some fun family-friendly activities to participate in, the farm and wetlands to enjoy, and this month we’ll be giving out our Food Waste Prevention Guide, which includes all kinds of tips and tricks and recipes to save more and waste less out of the food you bring home. Please RSVP for this event below!
- Vegan wild green pesto with red miso
- Nut-free arugula pesto
- Herb pesto
- Naan pesto pizzas with farm fresh herbs and arugula
- Pasta, including gluten free pasta
- Roasted pesto mushrooms
- Roasted asparagus with tarragon
- Broiled pesto white fish (fish to be decided)
- Rhubarb cake
What to Expect
- Following public health guidelines, masks are optional and proof of vaccination is not required.
- We will have limited indoor space and additional outdoor, covered seating areas. Please dress for warmth and comfort.
- Everyone is welcome, invite friends and family to share a meal with us by registering for yourselves and others!
- Suggested cash donation during the event of $3/person or $10/family, but no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
- Onsite parking is available, but we encourage visitors to walk, bike or take the bus, if possible.
Guests are welcomed and encouraged to volunteer beforehand to help prepare the food, set-up, or afterwards to help clean!
If you have questions about this event, please contact Daniella Nicholas.
Let us know if you’re coming!