As botanical artists, the garden will guide us in creating beautiful and unique works of art! Our garden will provide both inspiration and materials for artistic expression. Together, we will:
- Use natural garden materials to create pressed flower crafts and fragrant salves, dyes, and teas.
- Learn about plant technologies while weaving willow crowns and building sculptures.
- Experiment with watercolor paints, colored pencils, and oil pastels to create botanical art.
- Use our senses to explore the garden. We’ll learn about animal habitats, plant lifecycles, and culinary arts.
- Develop our reciprocal relationship with the garden and practice caring for it in thanks for the garden’s gifts. We’ll use real tools to water, plant, turn soil, weed, and save seeds.
On the final day of camp, we will turn the garden into a celebration of our artwork, displaying our art in a gallery for families to enjoy.