- This event has passed.
Bat Night with Woodland Park Zoo
Come learn about bats and hang out at Rainier Beach Urban Farm & Wetlands at dusk!
You can help us discover whether we’re prime real estate for bat activity. We’re excited to find out! Not only will we learn about how and why this space is great for bat monitoring, but you’ll get to learn how easy it is to observe bats anywhere — including your own front steps. Much isn’t known about bat activity, so you could be on the frontier of bat science. We’ll have bat-inspired snacks and beverages to enjoy and an evening of fun for all ages.
- 7:30 — Meet and greet, followed by a bat education talk and introduction to the community science program
Things to Know Before You Come
- This is a free public event that you do not need to register for. Just add it to your calendar so you don’t forget to come!
- Before you ask, we do not have vampire bats in this area.
- Following public health guidelines, masks are optional and proof of vaccination is not required.
- Dress comfortably for the weather with consideration that temperature may change as the sun goes down.
- Bring whatever you need to feel comfortable, including bug spray.
- There are ADA accessible pathways on the farm, and there will be opportunities to move as little or as much as your body is able.
- Onsite parking is available, but we encourage visitors to walk, bike or take the bus, if possible.